Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I've Been a Lazy Blogger

Hello All!

I realize that yes, it has been 2 weeks since my last post, and yes, I am guilty of being a lazy blogger. I'd like to be able to say that it is because I have been overwhelmingly busy, or out of town on an extended vaycay, or something of the sort - alas, none of these are able to provide a sufficient and honest excuse for my blogger absence. So, where to begin?

Let's start with Baby Logan <-- always a popular topic of conversation these days! :) Today is 18 weeks. That means that Logan is about 5 1/2 inches long, or about the length of a bell pepper

and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs —although I have still yet to feel any movement! That I know of anyways.. there was one moment this previous Sunday morning when I thought I might be feeling him flip around in there or something.. but it was very brief and I'm not exactly positive that is what it was. I had a Dr. appointment last week and was told that everything is going just fine, they took some more blood and checked all my vitals as usual, and I go back on Nov. 17th for my 20 week appointment, and then on Dec. 1st for 22 weeks, and on that date we are going to have another ultrasound/sonogram. Apparently by that appointment they will be able to check on all the organs and make sure everything is developing as it should. Also at the appointment, they should be able to confirm or deny that we are expecting a Logan, and not a Lucy.

This past week a friend of mine discovered that the baby boy they are expecting is, in fact, a girl. This story has prompted numerous other stories from friends, co-workers, and family about similar situations. So.. who knows? I don't have my heart set either way.. although Daddy Norman seems a bit nervous about a possible change :)

We have started thinking much more about the nursery (prompted a great deal by the BEAUTIFUL, LOVELY, and PERFECT nursery that is awaiting our lil niece Audrey any day now - seriously Audrey, my money is on Halloween, so hurry up and get your cute lil' butt outta Mama so we can start playing with you!!). Earlier this week I ordered the crib seen below:
in addition to a cozy organic mattress and glider/ottoman set so that we can start moving things out of the office and into the nursery. I'm still on the lookout for an old dresser in an oak or honey color - let me know if you have any tips! Also, Norm and I have started a baby registry at BabiesRUs.com and LandofNod.com for some general items - it's still pretty early for that kind of business, so I will have more details about that to follow in the coming months; however, baby items do make precious Christmas gifts... :)

I know in my last post I had listed several concerns. I'm afraid I had a good number of people worried - but have no fear - things are starting to settle down and I am truly enjoying my second trimester! I've been feeling great, and have quite the lil bump poking out these days!
  1. On the job front: There are some things in the works. Things that are not yet official, and therefore not mentionable quite yet. However, having options is reassuring and has renewed my faith that God has a plan for me and my family.
  2. Finding a family Dr.: Thanks to my wonderful sister Ashley for being a constant source of reassurance, referral, and wealth of information.
  3. H1N1: Still don't have my shot, but I do have plans in motion to get one - this week hopefully!
  4. Dresser/changing table: Still need this. Be on the lookout!
Also, I am definitely feeling an increased appetite these days! Logan and I are pretty much consistently hungry. Almost everything sounds delicious these days! Thankfully, last night at our Advertising Sales Auction I won 3 restaurant gift cards to Luigis (MY FAVORITE), Thai Orchid, and The Roanoker. Believe me, these will be put to good use - very soon.

I realize this post has gotten pretty long - I really do need to update more often! I'll try and wrap it up quick but I did want to put up a quick note about the wonderful weekend that Norm and I enjoyed this last Sat & Sun in Chilhowie/Abingdon Virginia.

Our close friends Daniel and Jenn (forever more to be known as "The Bises") got married in an absolutely beautiful ceremony at Grumble Jones' Cabin. I wish I had a picture to post, but mine don't do the ceremony justice - however, if you can, try imagine beautiful fall mums, pumpkins, benches laid out across hay bales, and an adorable Basset Hound named Colonel Marshall officiating as a ring bearer set in front of a log cabin with an acoustic band.

After the wedding and a reception full of food (my new favorite thing!) and dancing, we* all returned to our rooms at the Days Inn.

*Sidenote* By "we", I mean my favorite group of people - the fRamily. For those of you who don't know, during my college years I was blessed to have a wonderful group of friends (majority of whom lived within the confines of Foxridge Apartments in Blacksburg) that created the "fRamily". fRamily = Friends + Family, bc when you live far (or not so far, in my case) from home, your friends do become your family, and this group, we spent almost all of our time together, and all of those times are filled with wonderful memories of crazy shenanigans that stretched from late nights to early mornings to years of fun! We laughed together, cried together, and supported each other through all kinds of things. We also did a lot of partying :)

Now, because we have all graduated at this point and moved to various parts of the country (and the globe) this weekend also served as a reunion of sorts, and so we celebrated! Luckily, next to our hotel there was a KARAOKE bar that provided lots of late night entertainment and drinks (for all the non-pregnant fRam members). In typical fRamily fashion, we threw down big time to celebrate with Dan and Jenn, and not all of that is appropriate to share here - but those of you who were there - wow! what a weekend! :)

Also, all of Logan's extended fRam were very excited to rub on my belly and talk about our coming addition - it's really a blessing to see the way we have all continued to grow and change in our lives! So, I will end this VERY long (sorry, again!) post by giving a shout out to all my wonderful fRamily members who I hope we don't have to wait so long to see again!!! Lots of love to all!! Oh, and here's a pic of Rachel, rubbing up on me and Logan (and Jevon on the side). Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment