Sorry, I know it's been awhile since the last post. Lots has been going on as Christmas approaches, and unfortunately I was sick most of the last week. The week started off with a horrible cold and congestion that wouldn't let me breathe, and then towards the middle/end of the week I picked up a stomach bug that wouldn't let me eat! So, needless to say, I spent most of last week curled up in bed sleeping! Luckily, my wonderful husband, friends, and family were all there to take great care of me and I have since rebounded back to a 100% (although I could do without a lot of the heartburn that I've been experiencing..)
This past weekend, my hubby bundled me up in the car and drove me up to D.C. to accompany him to his work's district holiday party at the Capital City Brewery. It was a lot of fun and we got to meet a lot of new people - mostly people that he talks to on the phone but never sees. The restaurant was really nice and the food was good, the party got pretty wild bc they kept the alcohol flowing (for everyone else!) and it was pretty entertaining to watch. We also took advantage of the time in NoVa to visit with Norm's parents, and also with some friends in Fairfax (Shout out to Kate, Steve, Botch, Joe, Ezra, Rowens, and Nicole!). It was really great to see everyone!
While it's always nice to get out and travel, it felt SO good to get home to our puppies and our Christmas-decorated home! We spent Sunday evening vegged out on the couch watching Dirty Dancing and cuddling as a family - it was wonderful! So that's what I plan to do the rest of this week, relax and recuperate - bc we'll be booked all this weekend and next week as well - this time of year goes by fast!!
Hope everyone else is enjoying the season with friends and family!
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment