
Here he is! Logan at 22 weeks and 5 days! Today was our 3rd ultrasound and we were told that our baby boy is PERFECT. I love the sound of that word. :)
Here he is waving to the camera. I've heard that some lil ones can be shy during the ultrasound, but that was certainly not the case with our lil guy. He seems to love the camera, and he was quite the exhibitionist (a trait I think he inherited from his Daddy). He seemed determined to show us that he DEFINITELY is a Logan and not a Lucy. Norm was quite excited about all the good photos of "that", and took them to work with him. So, I have none to scan and post right now. But believe me, we definitely have a BOY cooking away in there.
The ultrasound showed 10 fingers, 10 toes, all his perfectly developed organs, brain, spine, etc. What a cute profile he has, eh? He's about a foot long, and weighed in at 1 lb 2 oz., so he's in the 60th percentile for his weight right now. He's also currently in the right position, with his head down and ready to go. Hopefully he'll stay that way over the next 17 weeks!
The checkup also confirmed that Mama is in good health as well, and Dr. Keeley scheduled us back in 3 weeks. We did find out that I have an anterior placenta (meaning, the placenta is in between me and the baby), which explains why I haven't been feeling as many kicks and movement as some of my other baby carrying cohorts. However, this is perfectly natural and healthy for me and the baby and won't cause any complications. Apparently once the baby starts putting on some more weight, we'll start to feel him a lot more.
Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes, love, and support! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with lots of food, fun, and shopping! The best part was the time that we got to spend with my Uncle Chris, Aunt Jennifer, and all of my cousins who made the long drive from MN to be with us! Lots of love to you all!
(Oh, if you're in the neighborhood you need to drive by and see our beautiful Christmas decorations that we put up this past weekend - I promise to post pictures soon!)

Yay for little Logan. We are so excited to meet him! Funny....I had an anterior placenta too....you will feel him moving like crazy before you know it and at times will wish he would give it a rest!:) haha.
ReplyDeleteGlad all is well...time is going fast, he'll be here before we know it!