Monday, August 24, 2009

Babies Everywhere!

More and more people know the exciting news! Today is our first Dr. appointment and I am feeling a mix of excitement, nervousness, and of course, morning sickness. (Will it EVER end?). After the appointment if the Dr. says all is good to go then we will start sharing the news with the rest of our family and friends.

Yesterday, Norman and I had dinner with my parents and let them in on the big news. It went something like this: we all sat down to a delicious dinner of pork tenderloin, sour cream and chive scalloped potatoes, and bean salad (yum! really, i think about good food a lot now!) and then joined hands for a prayer. I was doing the prayer and said this: "Dear God, thank you for this food, thank you for our family, please bless and nurture us, and thank you for this beautiful baby that I am caring and will deliver into this world in April. Amen" I then opened my eyes to see my Parents both looking very happy and surprised and my mother exclaimed "What a sneaky way to spring that on us!". Needless to say the rest of the evening was full of baby talk :)

Lately, I've been thinking about this youtube video a lot : BABIES EVERYWHERE (it's a great laugh - check it out!). Especially as "babies everywhere!" seems to apply to my family this coming year. Many of you know that my brother and sister-in-law are expecting a beautiful baby girl, miss Audrey Elizabeth, coming soon in November! check out their wonderful blog here.

We are going to the Salem Red Sox game tonight for The Roanoke Times Employee night and Patrick and Ashley are coming with us. Hopefully, (reallly, reallly, REALLLY hopefully) everything will go well with the Dr. and we will share the good news with them! should make for an exciting evening.

As a side note, making this baby is very exhausting work! I went to bed at 9pm every night this weekend and the week before!

Oh, and I'm still working on getting that baby-belly shot up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment