Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We're Pregnant!!!

Ok, so I'm pretty new to this blogging thing. I mean, I read a lot of blogs but I've never written one before. But, since blogging about your pregnancy seems like the new "must do" baby mama thing, I'm gonna give it a shot!

Norman and I have know for about 2 weeks now that we're pregnant. According to babycenter.com, we're about 7 weeks. That means the baby is about the size of a blueberry or a raspberry. It also predicts a due date of April 4, 2010. Having only been married a little over 4 mos., needless to say, we were very very surprised. However, we are also very very excited! We've chosen to keep it a secret for now, and are still weighing our options about when to tell family, friends, and work.

More than likely, we are going to wait until after next Monday (Aug. 24th) when we have our first Dr. appointment, the blood test, and an ultra sound. If the Doc says everything is fine with the baby, we will probably share the joyful news with our family and close friends. However, that's where it gets tricky. I can barely contain the news, let alone ask my friends and family to do the same! So, I think once we tell the family, we're gonna have to tell everyone. It's just scary because I know first-hand how painful it can be to tell such exciting news early in the pregnancy, only to miscarry and have to spread that awful news. So... still not sure who we'll tell during the first trimester.

These last couple weeks I've been feeling really lousy. Lots of headaches, nauseousness, and very very fatigued. That being said, my appetite has generally been good - as long as I eat small meals and snacks pretty constantly. I've also been drinking LOTS of water, oh, and ginger ale has been a lifesaver some days. I seem to be craving lots of salty things, and I think I've had about 4 hot dogs already this week. It seems to be the worst at work, about mid day, when all I really want to do is take a nap. Alas, our office lacks any good place for a pregnant lady to get some sleep!! I'm sure once I let my co-workers in on the secret, many will not be surprised simply because of my general lethargy the last couple of weeks. Oh- and today we had a birthday party for a co-worker and I had a cupcake AND two servings of ice cream. I know I need to watch my weight gain, but it was just SO good!

Alright, well tonight I'm going to make Norman take a picture of my belly so we can start that mandatory chronological baby belly series that seems essential to this type of blog.

For a first post, I think this one is pretty good!


No comments:

Post a Comment