So, I've been told by several people that I am not posting nearly as often as they would like, with that in mind, I will try to be better!
First a pregnancy update: This weekend and today I have been feeling much better! No nausea, a much stronger appetite, and only a few headaches! Wednesday will be 12 weeks, so hopefully as I near the end of the first trimester things will just keep improving!
Speaking of a stronger appetite, I finally ate a Wildflour this weekend, I had the Dragon's Tooth sandwich on their fresh sourdough (parmesan cheese coated eggplant medallions, layered with sauteed green peppers, red onions, mushrooms, tomato, provolone, lettuce, ranch and a secret sauce) - it was AMAZING. Even better, we followed up it up with a split Pumpkin Cheesecake brownie and their infamous "Better Than Sex" Cake. Big thumbs up to Wildfour for making this pregnant woman mucho happy!
Also, along with feeling better I'm starting to get some energy back! I successfully stayed up past 10 pm both Friday and Saturday night (wow!) and got some major housecleaning done this weekend. This included cleaning out my closet (and getting rid of about 1/3 of my clothing!!) to make room for some of Norm's stuff in our room. Soon, he will lose his closet to the baby as we begin turning the current office into a nursery.
We actually bought our first item of baby clothing this weekend! It was an impulse buy that was just too cute to pass up for a measly $3! It's a little black onesie that has a glow in the dark skeleton costume on the front - it's for a 6-9 mos old, so our lil' baby Pullen can wear it next Halloween. Likewise, I will wear my Skeleton costume and we will match :)
Speaking of Halloween, it is just around the corner! Fall is by far my favorite season! Not just because my Birthday is fast approaching (October 6th!), but just because of the wonderful sights, smells, chill in the air, pumpkin festivals, Heritage Day (Camp Bethel Shout-out! Oct. 3rd!), Apple cider, pies, sweaters, ahhh - I love it!!
Oh, but back to Halloween -- Starting this Thursday, September 17th, the Roanoke Athletic Center will be hosting free "Thriller" lessons in anticipation of their attempt to have several hundred people perform "Thriller" at the Roanoke Civic Center Halloween Party. Norm and I are SUPER excited about participating (who doesn't wish they seriously knew how to do "thriller"???). The lessons are free, and it sounds like a fun way to get some exercise, meet some new people, and get ready for Halloween. We would love to have people come join us, so if you're interested - let me know!
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm glad you seem to be turning the corner on the preggo nausea and exhaustion! I hope your second trimester will be as great as mine was....it was blissful with feeling good, finding out the gender, and having lots of energy!:) hooray for that!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand the staying up past 10!
ReplyDeleteSince I'm not pregnant, I can only say that I agree 100% about the awesomeness of autumn, and if I were in the area I'd TOTALLY go to Thriller lessons with y'all!
ReplyDelete