Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rain, Rain, and MORE Rain

Yes, it's been a rainy week thus far. I know that I'm not the only one that's getting a lil bit stir crazy from the lack of sunshine and outdoors time! My poor pups look at me with the saddest eyes when I shut the door and say "No, we can't go play outside right now"; they continue to glance from me to the door, tails wagging, impish grins saying "Reallly? Puhleeeez Mom, WE don't mind the rain". So, I give in and out they go. Baxter couldn't be happier than to do as he always does, chasing the cars back and forth along the fence, while Leela will tepidly appraise the situation from under the awning, dash out for a lil while and then quickly come back to bark at the door. Baxter will run and play until I guess the cold catches up with him and he starts to suspect that Leela may be inside, cuddled up on a warm pillow, maybe even getting treats.. and then he comes and just sits by the door (never barks!), so that when you do walk by he looks awfully pathetic. A rain-drenched puppy, shivering and staring inside with a look of longing for some warmth. So I grab the towel and open the door and scoop him up for a good rub down before he can jump on the couch or the bed and snuggle up. I might add here, that Leela is much more cooperative and appreciative of the rub down than Baxter. However, my house does tend to acquire a "wet-dog" smell over these days that is quite offensive to this pregnant lady's already overly sensitive nose.

Speaking of this pregnant lady - we're at 20 WEEKS. Meaning, that we are half-way to full term! Hard to believe! According to the book I got Norman ("The Caveman's Pregnancy Survival Guide") the baby is now about the size of a softball, and from crown to rump is the length of a banana. We don't get to do another ultrasound until Dec. 1st, and we are anxiously awaiting to confirm whether this bundle of joy will be a Logan or a Lucy.

As far as the Pregnancy itself, I have been feeling really good, albeit also REALLY hungry. The food of choice this week seems to be cereal - all types and combinations at all hours of the day. Additionally, as an added bonus to my new position in my new office - we have a hot dog vendor that sets up shop in our parking lot 4 days a week. And we're talking delicious bun length hot dogs with all the homemade fixins - chili, coleslaw, onions, relish, cheese, mustard, ketchup, even mayo.. yum~ I'm getting hungry for lunch just thinking about it. I'm not sure if I'll brave the rain or not today.. probably not, since I have some wonderful homemade Cincinnati Chili leftovers packed for lunch :)

I'm also starting to feel some pregnancy pains as my body adapts to the extra weight I've put on (not too much, but something I'm definitely starting to notice!), either that, or Logan has set up camp on a Sciatic nerve, because I've been having some lower back, thigh/hip, running down the leg types of pain. Luckily, it can be quickly eased with a few minutes of a heating pad or massage from my oh-so-sweet husband.

In other news, we are well on our way to setting up our nursery. The room has been emptied out of all non-baby related items and is now housing a brand new crib! This week we will be picking up our new glider and ottoman; so furniture-wise we just need a dresser and we'll be good to go! We've picked out crib bedding from Target and are going to go with a neutral jungle/animal theme. We've also started to collect some good baby necessities - helped along by the wonderful baby shower/farewell party that my wonderful friends at New River threw for me last Friday! The setting up of the Nursery seems to be a favorite activity of Norman's (I believe he has entered that nesting stage), bc I think he feels it is a way that he can contribute to baby's arrival.

Still haven't felt the little baby kicks - but maybe all this rain is lulling him to sleep. It sure makes his Mama extra sleepy!!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Baxter and Leela ... I know how they feel. Neither Eevee nor Abra is as rambunctious as usual when the weather is foul. They tend to sleep away the rainy days.

    I'm glad your football-sized fetus is doing well. I shall abstain from any jokes.

    ... But you know what jokes I'm thinking.

    Anyway, I hope to see you guys sometime soon! Much love.

    ReplyDelete