Monday, January 4, 2010

27 - 28 Weeks

So, since it is the spirit of the season - this year, 2k10, I resolve to be better about updating my blog!

I know that many of you avid blog followers out there have just been completely lost without knowing what the Pullen family has been up to the last couple of weeks. So here's a quick update:

Norm and I had a wonderful Christmas weekend in NC with his family. We mostly spent the long weekend lounging with family, eating delicious food, and playing a whole lot of Spades. The weather in NC was very nice, mid-50's the majority of the time we were there (not like that crazy cold and ice that was going on back home in VA!). Thanks to our new GPS, the drive didn't seem as aggravating as usual, despite our numerous pit stops (traveling 5 hours with a pregnant lady and two dogs requires a lot of stops!).

New Years eve was a fairly low-key event this year - especially compared to NYE's of the past. We spent the evening at my parents' house with my whole family (minus Benjamin who is enjoying a holiday vacation in France right now - lucky!), we watched our Hokies crush the Volunteers in the Chik-fil-a Bowl, and then played Wii until the ball dropped. I think my husband was a bit sad to put some of our wilder years behind us - but we're both very excited about the new adventures that 2k10, parenthood, and holidays in the future will hold.

We've made a short-term resolution to get our kitchen remodeled by the end of February/beginning of March, so that it will be done and ready to go before Baby Logan arrives. We already have our brand new appliances, however only the Fridge and oven are being put to use right now. The highly anticipated new dishwasher (yay! a dishwasher!) and above the range microwave are sitting in our basement, waiting to be installed. This weekend we met with several cabinet design companies and have appointments for this week to get the ball rolling. Hopefully we can order our new custom cabinets soon, get the electrician in to set up our new design, get a new hardwood floor in the kitchen, paint, and install the cabinets and appliance within the next 8 weeks... yikes. It sounds like a lot right there, but I'm confidant we can get it done. I really want that dishwasher!

In baby news, we're trucking along. We're at about 27 - 28 weeks. I go in next Tuesday for my Glucose test and Rh shot, and then we start visiting the Dr. every 2 weeks. It's hard to believe we're getting so close! We also start our Labor/Delivery class at the end of this month, where we will learn all about what to expect during Logan's actual debut. We've also signed up for a few other classes (mostly for Norm's sake.. although he has been getting some great experience with our adorable niece) - Babies for Beginners, Infant First Aid, and "Introducing your Four-legged Baby to your New Baby". We're taking all of those courses in early March, so hopefully Logan will hold steady until April 1 when we're ready for him!!

Logan had a pretty good Christmas and received lots of cute gifts. I believe he's going to be a very well dressed lil man with all of the cute cute cute outfits that he keeps getting!

I've been feeling really well, although I'm definitely starting to feel the weight in my lower back, and have a problem getting comfortable in bed and on the couch. I also have problems getting up on my own from the bed or the couch. We went shopping several days this past weekend, where we would be out and about for a couple hours or so and I would be fine, however as soon as I sat down, I could feel the weight of the days activity wearing on me, we're talking serious crashing, folks. :)

Logan has been incredibly active recently, I believe he is a little ninja or soccer player. While I love feeling him move around and it is very reassuring to feel him so consistently, sometimes he kicks reallly really hard, and he's only about 2lbs right now! I can't imagine what it will be like in a few weeks as he gets bigger!

Hopefully, I can get a new picture up here soon -- bc my belly is getting HUGE.

1 comment:

  1. yes! we need new belly pictures! I bet you are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete