Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Long Weekend

Again, guilty as charged. Bad, lazy blogger.

Especially since I have really no good excuse. I've been off work the past 4 days for a nice, long extended weekend. I had plenty of time to blog and update you all on the Pullen baby chronicles.

But, I didn't.

Instead I spent my time cleaning and catching up on chores and errands, and best of all, visiting with friends and family - all things that there never seems to be enough time to do on the weekends or in the evening after work!

So where to start...

Baby Logan is doing just great. And so am I. In fact, I feel wonderful most of the time! Other than being much larger and having some pains in my back (oh and a heel spur - joy!), an increased difficulty getting up from a cushy chair or lying position, and of course the almost complete inability to pick things up from the floor without the fear of toppling over completely. Other than these things, I have really been enjoying these past few weeks of pregnancy as I can really start to see and feel Logan in there. He has moved beyond simply kicking to outright stretching - where I can feel him slowly reach out and poke my belly, probably saying "hey mom- give me more space!". Alas, space is limited, so I think this nudging will only get more pronounced over the next few weeks. And I do mean FEW weeks. It's crazy to think that we're at 30 weeks, and Baby Logan will be here in 10!! wow, really? 10 weeks! that does not seem very far away!

On that note, this weekend I spent a lot of time cleaning the nursery and washing all of the clothes we have already been gifted with, and placing them in the beautiful new dresser that we got from a wonderful couple off of craigslist. I've begun somewhat setting up the nursery.. although we are still missing most of our "big items" (crib bedding, changing pad, swing, monitors, stroller, etc) so really I just move small things around and then sit in my chair and rock my cabbage patch doll (we are also working on training the dogs to be accustomed to this new baby).

By far, the best part of this past weekend was spending time with my friends and family. On Saturday night, my wonderful husband treated me, Andrea, and Samantha all to a dinner at the Homeplace. It was beyond wonderful. Good food, good friends, and then some Pop-5 Cranium to top it all off! Sunday, I attended the Bridal Show at the Taubman museum with the lovely bride-to-be Lauren, and we sampled lots of yummy cakes and goodies. Monday, I spent the morning relaxing at my brother Patrick's house with my beautiful niece Audrey. It was fantastic to get to spend several extended hours with just the two of them (although, we do wish that Norman and Ashley had not had to work on MLK day and could have been there with us). Then on Tuesday, I headed down to my Grandparents' and spent some time just catching up with them. All in all, the best way to spend a "staycation" :)

In other news...

Congratulations to Lindsay on your new lil bundle of joy, Nicolas - born Sunday morning. I'm sure he and Logan will be great friends as they grow up!

My heartfelt sympathy and prayers go out to all of my friends grieving over the death of Josh McCoy and the actions of his best friend Sam Hale that caused it. While I was very close to Sam in high school, I always considered Josh a friend as well. I think we are all struck by the unbelievable sadness and waste that is felt when such young lives are ruined and ended so needlessly and recklessly. There are lots of things that I would like to say about this incident - about treasuring life, friends, and family; about making good choices; about how everything can be destroyed in an instant; about how God has a plan for us all, how He is merciful and good; but I don't feel this is the place for that, or that they are things for me to say. While I have lost several close friends and family members at ages that are much too young, at times that were much too soon, all I can recall now is the wonderful memories that they left me with, and the feeling that time (and Love) heals all things. I truly just want to express here to my friends and family that I love you all very much and hope you know that I will always be here for you if you need me.

Sorry this is so long, as you can tell by now - that's kind of my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment